June 27th & 28thGalveston County Fairgrounds
2014 Tails & TunesFishing Tournament & Music Festival
Click here to download the printable mail-in registration form.
- 4 Person Team - Artificial or Open: $400
- 4 Person Team - Service Discount (Military & First responders) - Artificial or Open: $300
- Optional - Heaviest Flounder Side Pot: $20
- Optional - Red Fish With Most Spots Side Pot: $20
- Good for 6 adults on June 28. Food and beverage included until 8:00pm.
- Book here or send a check to Tails & Tunes, PO Box 111, Lake Jackson, TX 77566-111
Tails and Tunes Live Music Festival is open to the public. Friday night festivities are FREE! Saturday evening is $10 at the gate.
Military, Law Enforcement and Firefighters receive $100 off Tournament Entry!!
Tournament Payout Per Division
- 1st Place $3500
- 2nd Place $2000
- 3rd Place $1000
- 4th Place $600
- 5th Place $400
Side Pots (optional)(Both Divisions)
- Heaviest flounder
- Redfish with the most spots
Calcutta (optional)Each division will have a Calcutta option:
- 1st – 70%
- 2nd – 20%
- 3rd – 10%
Entries accepted until the Capt. Meeting on June 27th at 7:00pm
|1||Texas Backlash||Brad Saxton|
|2||Topwater Addiction||James Bryer|
|3||Los Pescadores Borrachos||Brian Jinks|
|4||Hookem Guide Service||Andrew Cashiola|
|5||Gonna Miss Her||Bryan Sandow|
|6||Team Slam||Dan Gray|
|7||Control Your Fish||Capt. Steve Hillman|
|8||The Dale Company II||Chandler Faickney|
|9||Team Caroline||Michael Comer|
|10||Full On Harvest||Bailey Simpson|
|11||Extremely Artificial||Ross Richey|
|12||Salt Wadda||Greg Beken|
|14||West End Trout Assassins||Mark Rendon|
|15||FishWestEnd I||Jeremy Chavez c/o Coe Parker|
|16||Von Trout Family Singers||Matt Boone|
|17||High Tide Tackle||Kevin Roberts|
|18||Whay Over Due||Tony Ybarra|
|19||Tail Chasers||John Holley|
|20||West End Anglers||Keith Inglehart|
|21||Absolute Machine & Fab||Travis Bugg|
|2||Pluggin' Deep||Trey German|
|3||Red Bone||Brian Standefer|
|5||Slab Riders||Nick Dahlman|
|6||Drop Shockers||Brian Groff|
|7||Team Never Quit||Lonnie Gaspard|
|8||The Hooking Bulls||Will Seger|
|9||Team Brown Trout||Epi Garza|
|10||Saltwater Ninjas||Jason Williamson|
|11||Coast Busters||Edward Rodgers|
|12||The Dale Company||Drew Mattingly|
|13||Lip Rippers||Adam Abidlatif|
|14||Bait Chunkers||Kevin Wood|
|15||Miller Lite #1||Chris Howard|
|16||Miller Lite #2||Mark Salazar|
|17||Miller Lite #3||Kevin Stinsin|
|18||Fowler Rodriguez||Tim Strickland|
|19||Bite Me Fishing Expeditions||Larry Hall|
|20||Team Rooster||Ross Pilkington|
|21||Hooks & Hookers||Brandon Saenz|
|22||Croaker Chokers||Chuck Schwing|
|23||The Dale Company III||Ben Boudreaux|
|24||Team Fowl Talk||Billy Barnes|
|25||Team Black Sheep||Jason Parrish|
|26||Stickem Hard||Dwayne Long|
|27||BackRhodes Outdoors||Michael Edel|
|28||Westbay Anglers||David Faust|
|29||Team Plumtruff||Jaron Kubala|
|30||Jimmy Love||Jimmy Love|
|31||3 Amigos||Bill Hawk|
|32||Fishing Fanatics||Jim Grimes|
|33||Fishing Poles & Honey Holes II||Michael Kocurek|
|34||Angler Management||Teddy Clough|
|35||Texas Tail 1||Nick Droege|
|36||Texas Tail 2||Justin Cockrell|
|37||Wasted Sea Men||Travis Quick|
|38||RE/MAX Galveston||Ryan Moody|
|40||Live Action||Josue Moya|
|41||Joe Geer||Joe Geer|
|42||Hook Setter||Tim Walden|
|43||Deep Hook Penetration||Jonny Merkle|
2014 Tails & Tunes - Rules & Regulations
- This is a team tournament with a maximum of four (4) anglers allowed per boat. One boat per team.
- Open: Any legal bait you wish to use, including live and or dead bait.
- Artificial Only: Only artificial bait may be used (including enhanced “Gulp” style baits).
- Division must be declared on entry form for the team
- Switching divisions will not be allowed.
- Guides are allowed in either division
- Entry form with complete entry fee must be received before fishing.
- A full stringer will consist of five (5) fish, to include three (3) trout and two (2) redfish.
- Trout must be 18 inches minimum, limit three (3). You may only weigh in one (1) 25”+ trout per team.
- Redfish must be between 20” and 28”, limit two (2). NO BULL REDS
- This is not an individual tournament; it is a team tournament. Each person may catch their limit, but weigh-in will only consist of the best 3 Trout and the best 2 Redfish per boat, for the teams 5 fish stringer.
- Illegal Fish brought to the weigh-in will disqualify the entire team.
- No contestant may have more than the TPWD legal possession limit of fish at any time during official Tournament hours.
- Colorado River to High Island (East Matagorda Bay to East Galveston Bay)
- Check-in will be from 12:00 pm to 7:00 pm on Friday, June 27, 2014, at the Galveston County Fairgrounds, in Hitchcock, TX.
- FISHING HOURS: Start at 6:00 am Saturday, June 28, 2014
- WEIGH IN: Opens at 12:00 pm Saturday, June 28, 2014
- WEIGH IN: Closes at 4:00 pm Saturday, June 28, 2014
- All contestants must be in line at weigh in by 4:00 pm. All Team members must be present at weigh in. Late arrivals will be disqualified
- Sportsmanship, courtesy, safety and conservation are expected from every participant.
- All fish must be caught with a Rod & Reel according to TPWD regulations.
- Wade Fishing is allowed if within sight of the boat.
- No fish may be accepted from or given to another team/boat.
- A team is not allowed to approach nearer than 50 feet to any other boat while fishing, unless permission has been granted.
- All fish brought to weigh-in station must be in weigh-in bag. Bags will be provided at weigh-in site.
- Official measuring board is the Check-It-Stick.
- In the case of a tie, the first team to weigh in their catch will be deemed the winner.
- Only fish caught during tournament hours (6:00am – 4:00pm) may be weighed-in during official tournament weigh-in hours (12:00pm – 4:00pm) on tournament day.
- Trailering is permissible. There is NO designated launch site for this tournament.
- Contestants may leave from any launch site, at any time. However, no casting until 6:00 am official tournament clock.
- In the event of foul weather or any other acts of nature, the Tournament will be re-scheduled. No refund or substitution of entry fees for any reason.
- Life Jackets and kill switches are highly encouraged by the tournament committee while boat is in motion.
- Intoxication on the part of any contestant will not be tolerated and will be subject to disqualification.
- Polygraphs WILL BE administered. If the polygraph administrator is unable to perform the polygraph due in their sole opinion to the participant being intoxicated, the entire team will be disqualified.
- All team members must be present to take the polygraph test… NO EXCEPTIONS. Any disagreements with this rule will result in disqualification.
- All federal and state rules/regulations apply, including fish limits and sizes. Violations of any rules or State laws will mean automatic disqualification from the tournament.
- Illegal Fish brought to the weigh-in will disqualify the entire team.
- Entrants are subject to disqualification from the tournament in the event of any suspected foul play, including, but not limited to, weighing in of fish which appear to have been caught outside of official tournament hours or altering the weight of any fish.
- The Tournament Director shall have sole discretion in these matters. In the event of a disrupted ruling, entrants may be required to take a certified polygraph test.
- All Tournament Director’s rules are FINAL
- Any protest must be filed in writing to the Tournament Director, no later than 4:00 pm on the date of the tournament.
- Directors, Sponsors and Organizers are not responsible for any accident or injury, nor loss or damage, or theft to any property.
Tails & Tunes
PO Box 111
Lake Jackson, TX 77566-111